|Dong-gu, Busan, Republic of Korea|
|Type||Japanese castle (Waeseong)|
|Condition||Reconstructed, serves as historic site|
|Built||1593, rebuilt 1974|
|Built by||Mori Terumoto (1593), Government of the Busan Metropolitan City (1974)|
|Materials||stone, wood, plaster walls (original); concrete, stone, wood, plaster walls (reconstruction)|
|Height||1.5 ~ 10m|
The Busanjinjiseong Fortress (also known as Jaseongdae) is located at Japanese invasion of Korea (1592-1598). There are two assertions on the name of Jaseong (Subordinate Castle). One is that the wall-fortress on the current Mt.Jeungsan, Jwacheon-dong is the mother castle and accordingly called Jaseong. The other is that Jaseong was constructed on the mountain top as the General's terrace.
The Busanjinjiseong Fortress was also called Mangongdae in memory of Ming Dynasty General Wan Shide who stayed at Jaseongdae to reinforce the Korean soldiers defending against the Japanese invasion of Korea. The wall-fortress was repaired after General Wan Shide returned home.
It was used as Gyeongsangjwado Headquarters which later moved into its present location in Suyeong. It was also used as the Busanjin Naval Headquarters. The wall-fortress was removed by the Japanese during their forced occupation. Around this time the sea encircling Jaseongdae was filled with land, reducing Jaseongdae to a smaller site, however it was later repaired.